Monday, July 28, 2014

Is Enough REALLY Enough?

I was relaxing in the lake the other day. 

Sorry, no personal pic - maybe later.

I had cleaned up the beach and was basically overheated from my efforts. It was a blessing to be able to walk into the refreshing water. I rested my tired body in the foamy support of some 'noodles', closing my eyes in the warm afternoon sun. 

It felt so good to just float on the calming ripples.

I opened my eyes and surveyed the blue heavens above me. There was hardly a cloud. I whispered to my attentive Father, "Your grace is like this, isn't it? I can rest completely and be healed fully in your embrace. And it even goes into and through me. Thank you for the way You surround me with Your merciFUL grace."

Gentle - kind, tender (older usage: noble, chivalrous)

And God raised us up with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus, in order that in the coming ages he might show the incomparable riches of his grace, expressed in his kindness to us in Christ Jesus. For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith - and this not from yourselves, it is the gift from God - not by works, so that no one can boast.  Ephesians 2:6-9

God does the saving and lifting and placing of my soul as I rest in Him.

Radical - far-reaching, thorough

The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.  John 1:14

God in Christ was filled with grace to accomplish His earthly task of eternal restoration to those given to Him by the Father. 

Aware - knowledge, understanding

This righteousness from God comes through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no difference, for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus.  Romans 3:22-24

God knew our need and met it in Christ, providing reconciliation to the undeserving.

Compassionate - sympathetic, concerned

With great power the apostles continued to testify to the resurrection of the Lord Jesus, and much grace was upon them all. There were no needy persons among them. For from time to time those who owned lands or houses sold them, brought the money from the sale and put it all at the apostles' feet, and it was distributed to anyone as he had need. Acts 4:33-35

God sends grace in the measure and time it's needed to meet every need.

Enough - adequate, sufficient

But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness. Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me."  2 Corinthians 12:9

God's grace is ALL that's needed no matter the circumstances or challenges.

You then, my son, be strong in the [G-R-A-C-E] that is in Christ Jesus.  
2 Timothy 2:1

When was the last time you soaked in God's grace?


all quotes from NIV, 1984


No comments:

Post a Comment