Monday, February 25, 2013

Psalm 23

The Power of The Shepherd

He is the active party:

  • makes
  • restores
  • leads
  • guides
  • secures
  • comforts
  • prepares
  • feeds
  • anoints


I am passive one:

  • followed by goodness and mercy
  • dwell in God's house



Psalm 23

A psalm of David.

1 The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not be in want.
2     He makes me lie down in green pastures,
he leads me beside quiet waters,
3     he restores my soul.
He guides me in paths of righteousness
    for his name’s sake.
4 Even though I walk
    through the valley of the shadow of death,[a]
I will fear no evil,
    for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
    they comfort me.
5 You prepare a table before me
    in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil;
    my cup overflows.
6 Surely goodness and love will follow me
    all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the house of the Lord
    forever.   AMEN 

No comments:

Post a Comment