Sunday, November 9, 2014

Dja Ever Notice?

I. Something wonderful appears in a believer's life; a surprise gift  or positive turn of events.

Common responses:
"It's God. It's all God."
"What an answer to prayer!" 
"Thank you, God. I praise Your Name."
"God is on His throne and all is right with the world."

II. Things don't go the way a believer hopes; plans fall apart or an opportunity disappears.

Common responses:
"What's going on? I don't get it."
"I prayed but it didn't do any good."
"God, where are You? Do you even care?"
"The enemy must be having his way with me."

Why do our responses change so dramatically based on circumstances?

I want to develop calm, consistent, Christ-honoring responses no matter the situation.

III. How to honor God when I can't figure out what's happening.

Backup & Breathe
Pause my emotional response and take in the new reality.

Remember & Rely
Turn my heart and mind toward the God that I know and trust Him.

Consider & Choose
Pray about the new set of options and pursue the one that will please my loving Father.

How would these steps help you when things don't go your way?

No comments:

Post a Comment