Thursday, February 28, 2013

Sanctification by Scenery

My Honey and I like to walk so we head out most afternoons. 

One day last week a view of the city popped up to surprise us. It was the first time we'd seen it from this spot.

Thankfully the foreground was reachable since I had to hang onto a tree while I took photos.

Looking beyond the shrubbery we recognized many familiar sights. We could name them even if we couldn't touch them.

We chatted together as we identified the various places we've visited; Charles Bridge, Old Town, . . . We shared some of the happy memories we've made, such as enjoying an evening on the Jazz Boat. 
Somehow the remembrances warmed us and drew us closer to each other.

We commented that the majority of the metropolitan area was shrouded in haze. We simply couldn't make out most of what flowed to the horizon. 
We thrilled at the idea that there's still a lot of Prague for us to discover. 

Thankfully the overarching sky granted us a break in the gray clouds that have set the tone of our winter. We knew the sun was rising and setting each day even if we rarely caught a glimpse of it. 
Now we basked in the heralding of its presence by the sudden appearance of blue heavens and sparkling sunshine. 

My heart raced at the release I felt from the winter doldrums.

The evidence that spring was on its way shot adrenalin-laced blood through my veins.     I can hardly wait!

My mind tried to grasp the flying thoughts and images.
Surely there's something deeper being revealed.     I don't want to miss it. 

Maybe this picture illustrates our lives under God's overarching wings. 

Come and ponder with me. 

"The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing."    Zephaniah 3:17   

No comments:

Post a Comment