You can ignore me.
Some of you will,
but here it is.
Do NOT pray. Whatever you do, do NOT pray.
1. God promises that if we take pleasure in our relationship with Him He will grant us the "desires of our hearts". Psalm 37:4
Do NOT lift your heart to the God of all love and mercy, power and wisdom and expect Him to make light of or minimize the deep-seated requests you bring to Him.
2. God promises to answer our cries for help "as soon as He hears". Isaiah 30:19
Do NOT share your needs with the LORD who grants peace and joy, strength and courage and think for a moment that He will only meet you half way or abandon you.
3. God promises to provide whatever it takes to cause His chosen ones to be "mature and complete". James 1:4
Do NOT hint at an interest in growth to the Savior who died to bring abundant life to all those whom the Father granted Him and hope He'll leave you in your childhood.
4. God promises to work out His eternal and perfect plan in and through us by leading us "to will and to act according to His good purpose". Philippians 2:13
Do NOT stand before the Holy One of Israel humbly asking Him to direct every aspect of your life, internal as well as external, and expect Him to leave you to your own devices.
5. God promises to bring His good work in our hearts and lives "to completion until the day of Christ Jesus". Philippians 1:6
Do NOT lay out or open up yourselves to the Great I AM to prepare you to spend eternity with Him and imagine for a single second that He will not achieve that goal.
There. Now none of you can ever say I didn't alert you.
Please don't ask me how I know these things.
A psalm. For giving thanks.
Shout for joy to the LORD, all the earth.
Worship the LORD with gladness;
come before him with joyful songs.
Know that the LORD is God.
It is he who made us, and we are his;
we are his people, the sheep of his pasture.
Enter his gates with thanksgiving
and his courts with praise;
give thanks to him and praise his name.
For the LORD is good and his love endures forever;
his faithfulness continues through all generations.