Monday, December 16, 2013

Holes, Nests, and Mangers


We've been on the road since 4 November.  


That will be seven weeks tomorrow


and there's no ending date in sight.


I have to admit it's a bit draining to be living out of a suitcase as we maneuver through daily life along with making our way to medical and other types of appointments. Then there's church activities, a family birthday, Thanksgiving, a ballet performance, Advent blessings, Bible studies, prayer meetings, shopping, another family birthday, a trip to Maine, and a list of other responsibilities too long to mention. It's a bit stretching.

I don't mean to complain. I'm just sharing some observations I've been making. 

Well, okay, there have been days when my grumbling has threatened to become audible. On one of them recently when I was getting ready to call a pity party the following verse came up in a Bible study.

As they were walking along the road, a man said to him, “I will follow you wherever you go.” 
Jesus replied, “Foxes have holes and birds of the air have nests, but the Son of Man has no place to lay his head.”  Luke 9:57

Hallelujah for the Scripture that reminds me that Jesus was "tempted in every way, just as we are - yet was without sin." Hebrews 4:15 

My loving Savior knows what it's like to 'live out of a suitcase' with many daily and additional activities and responsibilities to pursue. As a matter of fact, Jesus the Christ was born into a place that was only temporary, a stable not even set for human habitation. Once again the message that I am not alone penetrates my confused mind and lonely heart.  Deuteronomy 31:6


We moved in with our children and grandchildren a week ago and the blessings far outweigh the effort of combining two families and three generations under one roof. 


We continue to look to the Father for His plan and provision as Curt builds up his strength to undergo a nuclear stress test in mid-January. 



We have invitations to stay with friends in Massachusetts and in the home of a believing family in a nearby city. It appears we'll be moving from place to place for the foreseeable future. 

I confess this type of roving existence is not my first choice.  While I enjoy travel I also appreciate having a home base where I can lie down in my own bed and serve those the Lord brings to us there. 

How thankful I am for the Word of God. Its Truth reminds me that the Father has my best interests at heart which impacts His wisdom as He orders my life, every single detail of it.

From one man he [God] made every nation of men, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and he determined the times set for them and the exact places where they should live. God did this so that men would seek him and perhaps reach out for him and find him, though he is not far from each one of us.  Acts 17:26-27

Please pray with me that the LORD will make His will known to me in these nomadic days. Surely He has deep messages for me.

What is the LORD using to cause you to reach out and find Him?

No comments:

Post a Comment