Sunday, December 8, 2013

Finding My Way.

What's going on in my life?

What does Scripture have to say about it?

Two questions with blog-type answers to share.

The last week was full of ups and downs.

pretty typical

But the ups were pretty high and the downs were pretty low

which brings back the roller coaster feelings.

Praises
God granted us a visit with dear friends we haven't seen in a long time.

We met mid-week for prayer with the local body, and worshipped our gracious God together on the Sabbath with our grandchildren (and their parents).  ;-)

We're looking ahead to an appointment my Honey has today with his gastroenterologist. We expect to hear good news in a more complete report of his US tests. We plan to ask lots of questions and receive loads of new and helpful information.

We finally got paperwork in place which ought to allow us to move forward with actually making plans for my Honey's cardiac care. The appointment to begin that process is set for tomorrow, 10 December. 

My Honey is feeling "100% stronger than when we arrived in the USA".

Prayers 
I continue to adjust to this culture - almost ran out of gas when we were out doing errands one day.

I need to move forward with another treatment plan to address the ongoing pain I'm experiencing in my lower back.

We're still struggling to get insurance coverage on the Loon Pond house.

We'll be leaving the home of our kind hosts and moving in with the Baggs five-some, humbled by their willingness and eager to fit into their routine.

There's a winter storm descending with snow and freezing rain that could easily disrupt the medical plans we praised above.

Just writing out these few details has me back in the vise-like grip I was sensing on Friday.

That's when God stepped in and caused the wild thoughts in my brain to gel. 

What I've been thinking when I get all tied up and then pause a moment to relax in the bondage I feel is that I canNOT sort out every detail. The task is not only overwhelming, but it's downright impossible for me. 

All I need to do is tend to them with my simple human resources. 

I recognize that I canNOT handle and evaluate and figure out every single aspect of our lives to determine where we're going nor what we'll do nor make the next thing happen nor tie everything up all nice and neat with a beautiful bow on top. 

All I need to do is be intentional about my next step.

As I settled a bit further into the constricting circumstances I realized I am NOT responsible to try to unravel the mystery of what Jesus would do. I only need to discover what God has for me.

As a matter of fact, I'm thinking of making a great big sign that says that.

What does God have for me?

Thankfully that assignment is not overpowering . . . mainly because it's not a solo mission.

"I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; 
I will counsel you and watch over you."  Psalm 32:8 NIV'84

"Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, 'This is the way; walk in it.'"  Isaiah 30:21 NIV'84

In this Advent season I pray the Father blesses you and your household, your relationships and your local body for your joy and His glory. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment