Thursday, November 29, 2012

Harried Holidays

God I need relief, mercy, attention.


I don't know about you, but I'm in the midst of way too many responsibilities and far too much pressure. Over time I've come to understand that the Father arranges these phases that I might draw closer to Him as I recognize my own inadequacies. I am thankful for His spiritual exercises. 

God points out the danger of letting my focus waiver toward fantasy and falsehood. My heart and mind need to be intentionally and firmly focused on Him and His Truth. He reminds me that He has set me apart for Himself, and that He WILL HEAR ME when I call.

I look toward heaven as I fight the battles of flurry, frustration, and fatigue. I apply effort at turning my heart and mind upward in the midst and using even my rest time to contemplate the person of Jehovah Jireh and His relationship toward me. I am speechless!

God calls me to lay everything at His feet and to TRUST Him. The King reminds me of His plan to bless me with the basics of life as well as greater gifts, such as light and joy. 

I notice my spiritual muscles are developing. I am more able to rest in tranquility day and night as I remember and embrace the reality that God is the ONLY ONE who can and does establish me securely. 

How are you coping as the holiday season gets underway? Are you making the most of this fresh opportunity to come to know God more fully and rely on Him more completely? 

I'd enjoy hearing how you're doing.


Psalm 4

For the director of music. With stringed instruments. A psalm of David.

Answer me when I call to you,
    my righteous God.
Give me relief from my distress;
    have mercy on me and hear my prayer.
How long will you people turn my glory into shame?
    How long will you love delusions and seek false gods?
Know that the Lord has set apart his faithful servant for himself;
    the Lord hears when I call to him.
Tremble and do not sin;
    when you are on your beds,
    search your hearts and be silent.
Offer the sacrifices of the righteous
    and trust in the Lord.
Many, Lord, are asking, “Who will bring us prosperity?”
    Let the light of your face shine on us.
Fill my heart with joy
    when their grain and new wine abound.
In peace I will lie down and sleep,
    for you alone, Lord,
    make me dwell in safety.

No comments:

Post a Comment