Monday, December 3, 2012

Monday Meditation

Thank you, Father, for hearing my cry for help. Your nearness to me in the midst of trials of all kinds allows feelings of expectation to rise.

Thank you for clothing me in the righteousness of Christ. Your application of the perfect, sinless life He lived in this fallen world to my account allows me to raise my voice in Your throne room.

Please cause me to set aside flimsy cynicisms and quests, mere rituals and roles that I might dwell in Your presence (being) and live in response to Your will (doing). Please undertake the following for Your own glory. Amen
  • Keep me humble.
  • Lead me in the way to go.
  • Cause joy to abound in me.
  • Spread protection over my life.
  • Bless me in Christ's righteousness.
  • Surround me with the shield of divine favor.


Psalm 5

For the director of music. For pipes. A psalm of David.

Listen to my words, Lord,
    consider my lament.
Hear my cry for help,
    my King and my God,
    for to you I pray.
In the morning, Lord, you hear my voice;
    in the morning I lay my requests before you
    and wait expectantly.
For you are not a God who is pleased with wickedness;
    with you, evil people are not welcome.
The arrogant cannot stand
    in your presence.
You hate all who do wrong;
    you destroy those who tell lies.
The bloodthirsty and deceitful
    you, Lord, detest.
But I, by your great love,
    can come into your house;
in reverence I bow down
    toward your holy temple.
Lead me, Lord, in your righteousness
    because of my enemies—
    make your way straight before me.
Not a word from their mouth can be trusted;
    their heart is filled with malice.
Their throat is an open grave;
    with their tongues they tell lies.
10 Declare them guilty, O God!
    Let their intrigues be their downfall.
Banish them for their many sins,
    for they have rebelled against you.
11 But let all who take refuge in you be glad;
    let them ever sing for joy.
Spread your protection over them,
    that those who love your name may rejoice in you.
12 Surely, Lord, you bless the righteous;
    you surround them with your favor as with a shield.

No comments:

Post a Comment