Sunday, December 28, 2014

All is well, safely rest. God is nigh.

The year is about to close. I don't know about you, but my 2014 held exhilarating highs and devastating lows. 

When I was rejoicing in the highs I think I lost contact with the flow of regular life. When I was moaning in the lows I know I lost touch with the rich blessings of God's promises. 

I want the coming year to look more like the gentle rise and fall of the waves on Grand Cayman's Seven Mile Beach on a calm day. I am praying toward that goal and engaging my heart and mind and soul and strength to attain it.   Matthew 22:37, Mark 12:30, Luke 10:27

I'm beginning the process with an honest look at Reality. 
  • I live in a world that has been groaning since the Fall, and Scripture teaches that those who have entrusted themselves to Christ also groan as we await His return. Even if I make the best, most God-pleasing choices, I cannot control the outcome nor will I find perfect peace until I am united with my Savior.  Romans 8:20-22, Job 38
  • There are all kinds of forces that seem to combine to keep me disoriented. Whether it's the imperfections of this world, the results of my poor choices, the strategies of the enemy, or the intervention of the Father I find myself struggling to maintain any sense of balance.  Psalm 51:1-2, 1 Peter 5:8, John 16:33, Exodus 9:12
  • God is God. His very Name expresses his SOVEREIGNTY. Ultimately every single detail of my life is under the control of the great I AM. He created me and chose me. He cherishes me and celebrates me. Absolutely no thing and no one can prevent my LORD from demonstrating every facet of His love for me into my life both now and throughout eternity.  John 10:28, Romans 8:38-39, Jeremiah 29:11-13,  Romans 8:28-30

These basics open the way for an Action Plan.
  • I will shun the superficial and dredge myself in Scripture in order to dwell in God's view of the world. And as I write that I remind myself that I will not be perfect in this effort so I must trust the LORD to welcome my heart-felt intentions.   1 Samuel 16:7, 1 Chronicle 28:9, Psalm 119: 97-112, John 16:33
  • I will step back from frustration and learn to accept afresh the circumstances of my life with grace. And as God enables, I will embrace with equal gratitude the highs and the lows as His intimate provision for my good and His glory.  Psalm 100, 1 Thessalonians 5:18
  • I will seek El Shaddai, the All-Sufficient One, above all else, including my own selfish agenda. And in the putting down of the one I expect to move further into the sweetness of fellowship with Him. Philippians 3:7-11.

"If God is for us, who can be against us?" Romans 8:31 

"For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do."  Ephesians 2:10

I rejoice that I will not walk alone through 2015. I'm sharing an easy Yoke next to a gentle and humble Heart so I anticipate finding rest for my soul.  Matthew 11:28-30

How about you? Could you use a little rest in the months ahead?
Why not take a look at the past year and consider what changes you'd like to see? 
The LORD longs to take His people further into balance, fulfillment, and joy. Let's pursue Him together.

Take three (3) minutes to dwell on the transition from one year to the next through this musical offering. You'll be thankful you did.

No comments:

Post a Comment