Thursday, April 11, 2013

Breathless in Prague

A renovation project nearby brought heavy memories sweeping back into my mind and heart. 

It was scary . . . just plain scary.

That guy is hanging by a rope, sitting on a small piece of wood - no helmet, no harness, no safety net, no personal protection of any kind. 

He's just dangling there on a few strands of nylon material. 

Are you holding your breath as I was when I saw him?

Actually holding my breath was pretty much what I did throughout the years when my Honey and I were divided. I had turned to Jesus in my need for a Savior while he was still making his own way. 

I often said I felt as if I were hanging out an upper story window, clutching a brick ledge by my fingernails - no helmet, no harness, no safety net, no personal protection of any kind.

It was many years before I realized that none of those protective measures were necessary. The feeling of being in an uncertain, unpredictable position was real, but the fact was quite opposite. 

I was as secure as any person could ever be because God's hand was right underneath me; supporting, sustaining, cradling me in His infinite power and grace, endless mercy and love.

Carry this Truth into the present with me. 

My Honey and I have been united as servants of the Living God for more than 35 years. He has filled our lives with millions of blessings and mountains of joy. I know what it means to be wrapped in His comforting and transforming grace. May His Name be exalted forever.

Yet, even in these days, I still find myself overwhelmed by frustration, insecurity, and hopelessness. I cry out to the Lord, asking if He intends for me to dangle over the ledge all the days of my life. I feel as if I'm hanging out there next to the renovation guy again.

Tap . . . tap . . . tap. 

The Holy Spirit calls for my attention. I ponder the Truth anew.

Hallelujah! The fickle, human feeling runs up against the same, unchangeable fact. God is always with me and His hand is always supporting, sustaining, cradling me in His infinite power and grace, endless mercy and love.

Where are you today - dangling or delighting? Let me know so we can praise and pray together.  

"To him who is able to keep you from falling and to present you before his glorious presence without fault and with great joy - to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore! Amen" Jude 24

No comments:

Post a Comment