Monday, April 1, 2013

Fill the Day with Praise


I will exalt You. 

You lifted me out of the pits.

I cried out to you for help.

You healed me.
You kept me from the grave.

Your anger lasts a moment.

Your favor lasts a lifetime.

Weepings lasts overnight.

Rejoicing refreshes each new day.

You showed me favor.
My heart is secure.

You turned from me.
Dismay filles me.

I cried to You for mercy.
You caused me to dance.

I pleaded for You to be my help.
You covered me with joy.

O may my heart fill heaven with songs of praise.

Dear God, I will thank you forever and ever. Amen


Psalm 30  (NIV 1984)

A psalm. A song. For the dedication of the temple. Of David.

I will exalt you, Lord,
    for you lifted me out of the depths
    and did not let my enemies gloat over me.
O Lord my God, I called to you for help
    and you healed me.
Lord, you brought me up from the realm of the grave;
    you spared me from going down to the pit.
Sing to the Lord, you saints of his;
    praise his holy name.
For his anger lasts only a moment,
    but his favor lasts a lifetime;
weeping may remain for a night,
    but rejoicing comes in the morning.
When I felt secure, I said,
    “I will never be shaken.”
O Lord, when you favored me,
    you made my mountain stand firm;
but when you hid your face,
    I was dismayed.
To you, O Lord, I called;
    to the Lord I cried for mercy:
“What gain is there in my destruction,
    in my going down to the pit?
Will the dust praise you?
    Will it proclaim your faithfulness?
10 Hear, O Lord, and be merciful to me;
    O Lord, be my help.
11 You turned my wailing into dancing;
    you removed my sackcloth and clothed me with joy,
12 that my heart may sing to you and not be silent.
    O Lord my God, I will give you thanks forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment