Monday, August 26, 2013

How to See Clearly

There's a busy week ahead of me. 

How about you?

Part of my list is on paper and part is still in my head. 

Mine feels tough.

How about yours?

I consider one item after another with what it will take to get it done. 

Just when I think I can see a way through it all, I realize more tasks will likely be added along with distractions, interruptions, and delays.

Okay, now my week seems impossible!

I begin to wonder if I'll make it through all five work days with my sanity intact whether I accomplish everything or not.

Thankfully the LORD has been granting my request to give me a hunger and thirst to spend time with Him in His Word. That's where He met me and my need this morning.

The psalms of David speak to my mind and heart, carrying my attention Godward. 

I'm grateful for the consistent reminders about where to set my eyes.

I trust You, O LORD.
You are my God.
My times are in Your hands.
Let Your face shine on me.
Save me in Your unfailing love.
I have cried out to You.
          You deliver and save me.
          You shame and silence the wicked.

When I remember Who's arranging my days, the concerns and fears fall away and I am at peace.

How about you? 

Is your week looking kind of fuzzy or overwhelming?

Seek the One who is ready, willing, and able to refine your focus.

I lift up my eyes to the hills - 
where does my help come from?
My help comes from the LORD,
the Maker of heaven and earth.   Psalm 121:1-2 (NIV, 1984)

                       Psalm 31
For the director of music. A psalm of David.

But I trust in you, O LORD;
I say, "You are my God."
My times are in your hands;
deliver me from my enemies
and from those who pursue me.
Let your face shine on your servant;
save me in your unfailing love.
Let me not be put to shame, O LORD,
for I have cried out to you;
but let the wicked be put to shame
and lie silent in the grave.
Let their lying lips be silenced,
for with pride and contempt 
they speak arrogantly against the righteous.   verses 14-18 (NIV, 1984)

No comments:

Post a Comment