Sunday, March 1, 2015

Am I a bad Christian?

God knows all our needs and meets them at the perfect time.

I've been struggling with the winter scenario and this week health issues laid me low.

Feelings of being useless started to crowd me. 

They always push me into a corner where I have to fight to see God.

My Father met me in a big way this week, reminding me of His loving and active presence in my life.

The following question from a reader of last week's post appeared in my in-box.

Am I a bad Christian ... not wanting to fight the battle yet? I am worried for my children ... it gives me sleepless nights.


I know this Mom. She's a precious sister who cares for a growing and busy family in another country. There's no way she could earn the title Bad Christian. 


No, you are NOT a bad Christian. You are a Mama who wants to protect her children as the Father gathers His chicks under His wings. In this you are reflecting His character and that is not a disgrace.
I understand your feelings of wanting to flee the threat you see. It is here too and I have those same feelings - often and deeply. How funny we humans are, thinking we can escape the path set before us by The One who lays it out. 
I'm honored to know that my words, out of my own struggle, are being used to encourage your heart. THIS is God's will for me, in season and out of season, no matter the setting, to point my sisters to the glories of the King. For it is in Him we can rest in the security of the hammock.
Let us agree to pray for each other in these things. That the LORD who made us and is jealous for our full attention will cause us to come to Him, be still before Him, and to know Him.
May He grant you this blessing this very day. Amen

Dear Sandra, thank you for encouraging me!
[personal information] 
I realize more and more that it is more important to prepare my children for a strong life in God, and that is more important than a university degree ... so we study ... but we also enjoy life and try to listen to the Holy Spirit so we can follow His will.

Hallelujah. And now YOU have encouraged MY heart.

Amen. Sister on the other side of the Atlantic!


Two women revel in who God is and both are uplifted by the Truth.

"For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do."
Ephesians 2:10

"So then, those who suffer according to God's will should commit themselves to their faithful Creator and continue to do good."
1 Peter 4:19

How about you? Has God shown you His call on your life today?
Or encouraged you in it?       I pray so.
If not, ask Him humbly with your whole heart. He will answer!

No comments:

Post a Comment