Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Thanks-giving Past & Future

On this approximate date in 1976 my Honey and I became brother and sister. 

We'd already been husband and wife since August 1968, but the union in Christ was and is a more poignant transition. 

I remember Thanks-giving that year quite well. 

We gathered with the L'Abri community in the Huémoz chapel nestled in the Swiss Alps. It was a particularly somber occasion, filled with much reflection on the goodness of God. The plan to share a testimony and then sing a hymn seemed like the perfect balance. 

I'd be happy to be corrected by another attendee, but I think I was the first one to jump to my feet. I could barely contain my joy since I had prayed for my Honey's salvation for a very long time. I praised and thanked God for making my Honey and me truly one in the Spirit.

You know, I think that's a great place to start my Thanks-giving gratitude this year.

Dear Father, thank you for Your great work in our hearts, my Honey's and mine. Thank You for joining us into one on that earlier date. Thank You most especially for uniting us on that glorious Swiss day 37 years ago. Amen

I won't post my entire, ongoing list, but I assure you it will be long and strong. 

How about yours?



Now I want to focus on the same kind of life-giving unity for our grandchildren. 





Dear Father, please bless our grandchildren with unwavering faith, the ones we know now and any others You may choose to gift to us. 

"For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith - and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God - not by works, so that no one can boast."  
Ephesians 2:8-9

And in Your perfect will and timing, I further ask that You would bless each of them with a You-loving, -honoring, and -obeying spouse.

"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the LORD, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.'"  Jeremiah 29:11-13

What are your prayers for future thanks-giving?

No comments:

Post a Comment