Sunday, January 13, 2013

Psalm 18:1-6

I love the LORD. He's my STRENGTH.

I cry to the LORD for help in the midst of my distress.

The LORD is my Rock, Fortress, Deliverer, Refuge, Shield, Horn of Salvation, and Stronghold.

How bad was it?

I was ensnared by arguments from hell, drowning in destructive emotions, confronted by tomb-like silence. 

The LORD heard my plea in His sanctuary. His ears were open to my voice. 

The LORD delivers me.

Praise His Holy Name!


Psalm 18

For the director of music. Of David the servant of the Lord. He sang to the Lord the words of this song when the Lord delivered him from the hand of all his enemies and from the hand of Saul. He said:

I love you, O Lord, my strength.
The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer;
    my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge.
    He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.
I call to the Lord, who is worthy of praise,
    and I am saved from my enemies.
The cords of death entangled me;
    the torrents of destruction overwhelmed me.
The cords of the grave[b] coiled around me;
    the snares of death confronted me.
In my distress I called to the Lord;
    I cried to my God for help.
From his temple he heard my voice;
    my cry came before him, into his ears.

No comments:

Post a Comment