Sunday, January 20, 2013

Psalm 18:7-19


God doesn't merely know what's happening and what's coming up.

God doesn't ask me to simply understand His love, power, justice, mercy, compassion, 
. . . AND trust Him. 

Though all of this would (ought to be) more than adequate to sustain my life.

God goes further.

In the midst of the release of His wrath on the earth:

God reaches down and grabs hold of me,

God rescues me from whomever/whatever would overpower me,

God sustains me in the heart of calamity and tragedy,

God leads me into a wide-open spaces,

God does all this . . . provides . . . protects . . . brings me out

BECAUSE

God delights in me.

AMEN


Psalm 18:7-19 NIV 1984
The earth trembled and quaked,
    and the foundations of the mountains shook;
    they trembled because he was angry.
Smoke rose from his nostrils;
    consuming fire came from his mouth,
    burning coals blazed out of it.
He parted the heavens and came down;
    dark clouds were under his feet.
10 He mounted the cherubim and flew;
    he soared on the wings of the wind.
11 He made darkness his covering, his canopy around him—
    the dark rain clouds of the sky.
12 Out of the brightness of his presence clouds advanced,
    with hailstones and bolts of lightning.
13 The Lord thundered from heaven;
    the voice of the Most High resounded.[a]
14 He shot his arrows and scattered the enemies,
    great bolts of lightning and routed them.
15 The valleys of the sea were exposed
    and the foundations of the earth laid bare
at your rebuke, O Lord,
    at the blast of breath from your nostrils.
16 He reached down from on high and took hold of me;
    he drew me out of deep waters.
17 He rescued me from my powerful enemy,
    from my foes, who were too strong for me.
18 They confronted me in the day of my disaster,
    but the Lord was my support.
19 He brought me out into a spacious place;
    he rescued me because he delighted in me.

2 comments: