Monday, May 27, 2013

How to Please God in 3 Easy Steps

Okay, now that my blog-promoting title has caught your attention let me see if I can deliver.

Before I give you the steps I want you to realize that there's sacrifice involved. So get ready.

The other thing you need to know is that whatever we bring to God has to come through Christ. 

That's because God's Son is the One who opened the way for us to His Father by the sacrifice of His own life. His blood cancels the debt of my sin and the wrath it required, and allows me to build an intimate relationship with the Creator of the world.

Now that the basics are in place, let's get started.

Step 1
Praise God continually for who He is, what He's done, what He is doing, what He will do in your life, the lives of those you care about, the lives of those around you, the lives of every person on the planet, and how lovingly, wisely, perfectly, . . . He's doing it all. 

Step 2
Do good to others intentionally, faithfully, lovingly, creatively, continually, . . . in the face of your perceived inadequacies, lack of resources, unacceptability, . . . , in sacrificial ways that demonstrate the existence of God.

Step 3
Continually share the good news about the setting for and results of Steps 1 and 2 no matter how much you might have to sacrifice in personal peace, the court of public opinion, . . .

You may be wondering how I can write so boldly about these sure-fire ways to please God. Let me suggest that it's because I'm merely sharing the directions God gave Paul to record.

"Through Jesus, therefore, let us continually offer to God a sacrifice of praise - the first fruit of lips that confess his name. And do not forget to do good and to share with others, for with such sacrifices God is pleased."  Hebrews 13:15,16 (NIV, 1984)

So maybe the steps are not exactly 'easy' but at least they're clear and concise. 

Go ahead. Give 'em a try. Then let me know how it's going.

No comments:

Post a Comment